THE PALM BEACH LEGEND
In Palm Beach, Bradley operated his popular (and illegal) casino called The Beach Club for over 50 years. He would purchase media outlets such as the Palm Beach Post, Palm Beach Times and Palm Beach Daily News in 1934. He opened his Beach Club in 1898, just four years after Henry Flagler made Palm Beach a synonym for turn-of-the century indulgence.
Bradley’s club was renowned for its cuisine, but that wasn’t the draw. The white clapboard building on Royal Poinciana Way attracted tycoons who thought nothing of plunking down hundreds of thousands of dollars at the tables. It was a private club with a cadre of security guards. Membership was a who’s who.